Online entry is now closed:
Raw Energy Pursuits Ltd have teamed up with Horsham Amphibians Tri Club to help them organise this fantastic race which has been going now for 32 years. The event will still be marshalled and supported by members of Horsham Amphibs to make sure the atmosphere is not lost and we can still offer a great experience for newbies to triathlon or experienced triathletes at the end of your season. Mick Dicker from Raw Energy Pursuits was a member of Amphibs for many years and took on various roles within the club including organising the Relays for a numbers of years; in fact his first ever triathlon was this race back in 1990! Results Base partner page
How does it work: Each team consists of three competitors, who complete the course as follows: team member No. 1 will take part in the mass swim start (400m), followed by the 18.5km cycle, and the 3.8km run before handing over to team member No. 2 who follows the same course and then hands over to team member No. 3. The team’s time will be calculated as team member No. 3 finishes the course. Android timing will give each competitor their combined swim, bike & run time.
There is no limit to the number of teams per club, but each team must be individually detailed. Changes to team members with full emergency/medical details MUST be completed by the end of the day on Friday 27th August via the Results Base website. Detailed information is available on the website to help with this process. This is crucial to ensure we have all emergency contact information and to ensure team information and classifications can be finalised. Team changes made after this time may not be eligible for category prizes or recorded correctly in the results. Cancellations may be refunded if Horsham Amphibians are contacted up to two weeks before race day and a replacement team can be found. Entries cannot be carried forward to the following year. For any other issues contact Horsham Amphibians at email@example.com
- Date and time: Sunday 5th September 2021, race starts at 8am and finishes at approx. 12.30pm
- Participants: Approximately 120 teams of 3 will be taking part from very experienced (and competitive!) athletes to those having a go for the first time. Each member of the team swims, cycles and then runs before handing over to the next member of the team
- Spectators: The event is well known for being quite unusual (and slightly mad) in terms of race format and therefore attracts a lot of attention and spectators!
- Marshalling: There will be around 40 members of the HAT club marshalling the event
- British Triathlon Approved: British Triathlon provide a race referee for the event. Motorcycle referees will also be in attendance as certified by Triathlon England
- Triathlon England South East Senior Series: in 2021 the event forms part of this series, see more details at Triathlon England’s website
- Race Co-ordinator: Mick Dicker firstname.lastname@example.org
- Race Course: The swim takes place in the lake (400m), the cycle passes through Barns Green, Brooks Green, Coolham, along the A272 then back to Southwater via the A24 (approx. 12 miles), the run is twice round the Country Park (approx. 2 miles)
- Final Finishers: At around 10:45am all remaining third leg competitors who have not yet started their race will be set off from the holding pen, regardless of the position of their number two teammate. THIS WILL NOT IMPACT FINAL TEAM TIMES as these will be calculated and added up in the usual way. Horsham Amphibians introduced this change in 2018 as we want everyone to have a good race experience and avoid imposing cut-off times. Hopefully this will also enhance the race experience for our slower competitors as they will avoid a long wait in the holding pen!
- First Aid: Medi 4 will be present at the event with staff and an ambulance. Horsham Lifesavers are also in attendance. A full risk assessment has been completed for this event and is signed off by Sussex Police and Horsham District Council Events Officers.
- Food & Drink: Food and drink is provided by the café at the Country Park
- Facilities: Toilets and limited showering facilities are available at the event. The Bike Side will be on hand for any last minute bike tweaks
- Race Memento: every participant will receive a race memento from the event
- Prize-giving: there will be trophies up for grabs for a number of categories including first mens, first ladies and first mixed teams (to be a mixed team there must be at least one female), first mens vets and first ladies vets (vets category is ages 40+). Prize giving will take place by the lake around 12.30pm as the remaining competitors are cheered home!
T-SHIRTS: PLEASE MAKE SURE YOU UPDATE YOUR PROFILE WITH YOUR T-SHIRT SIZE BY MONDAY 23RD AUGUST: Men’s: Small 34/36 | Medium 38 | Large 40/42 | XL 44/46 | Women’s: Medium 6/8 | Large 10
- Southwater Triathlon Relays | Sunday 5th September 2021
- Angmering Bluebell Trail Run/s | Sunday 25th April 2021 | SOLD OUT
- Lezyne Steyning Triathlon | Sunday 2nd May 2021 | EVENT CANCELLED
- Lezyne Arundel Lido Triathlon | Sunday 16th May 2021 | SOLD OUT
- L Guess Jewellers River Arun 3.8km Swim | Saturday 26th June 2021 (Sold Out)
- Dawn on the Downs | Washington | Sunday 25th July 2021
- Image gallery