The National Aquathlon Championship is coming to Arundel, home to the unique Arundel Triathlon. An iconic market town with a medieval castle and many other attractions, it is set in the South Downs National Park; this is a great place to spend a weekend for the whole family.
The River Arun flows through the town for a fast 750m swim, followed by a 5k run passing Swanbourne Lake, the castle moat and along the Avenue of Trees.
- Iconic location: Arundel is a stunning medieval market town with impressive castle within the boundaries of the South Downs National Park, rivalled only perhaps by Windsor in terms of its historic appeal.
- Tourist town: Make a weekend of it at one of Arundel’s many hotels or B&Bs. If you fancy glamping to make it a special end of season event then head over to Billycan Camp site on the banks of the Arun billycancamping.co.uk
- River Arun has excellent water quality and is the second fastest flowing river in the UK | Kingfishers and Water Voles are commonplace.
- Challenging event: River swim, and a flat run.
- Unique race venue: The Black Rabbit Pub, what could be better!
- Great value event and Raw Energy Pursuits reputation for friendly and well organised races for all abilities.
- Free unlimited race day photos, free Clif Bar, free swim cap
- Great transport links – National Rail – Arundel Station is a 10-minute walk from race venue. 90 min Arundel to London Victoria. Road – Race venue adjacent to the A27 and easily accessible to the A24 and A23.
The event will be based at the Black Rabbit Pub in Mill Road, Arundel, West Sussex, BN18 9PB.
Briefing: 08.45hrs | Start: 09:00hrs
British Triathlon Affiliated | £30 (Affiliated) | £35 Non-BT Member.
Download PDF (Provisional)
Race HQ: Sunday 8th September 7:00am to 8.40am
If you are not a member of British Triathlon you will have already paid a £5 supplement for your Day Licence which can be downloaded below if required. You do not need to present this at registration. Collect your race pack which will include your race numbers & swim cap. The race WILL start on time, so make sure you have registered and have all your kit ready for the race. You need to be all ready for the race briefing at 8:40am.
SITE PLAN 2019 (TBC)
SWIM COURSE (TBC)
RUN COURSE (TBC)
The event will be based at The Black Rabbit pub on the banks of the River Arun, Mill Road, Arundel, West Sussex BN18 9PB. Registration and the transition will be at this location. Parking at the Black Rabbit Pub is limited so you’re advised to park in Mill Road and walk up to the pub or park in the main car park at Arundel opposite the Castle entrance. A bus shuttle will operate from here to ferry competitors to the pub. Other parking options may become available and we will notify competitors of these. If you arrive in Arundel on Saturday afternoon the town is likely to be very busy, the easiest place to park is likely to be behind the museum by the entrance to the Castle (Mill Road, Arundel, BN18 9PA)
- Lezyne Steyning Triathlon | Sunday 5th May 2019
- Lezyne Arundel Lido Triathlon | Sunday 19th May 2019
- L Guess Jewellers River Arun 3.8km Swim | Saturday 15th June 2019
- Lezyne Worthing Triathlon | Sunday 30th June 2019
- 5km Swim River Adur | Saturday 31st August 2019
- National Aquathlon Championships | Arundel