Arundel is a unique event set in a vibrant market town with its Medieval Castle, the River Arun, South Downs National Park and is in an area of Outstanding National Beauty. It’s a weekend for the whole family to enjoy with plenty to see & do.
The swim is in the River Arun which has excellent water quality and is the second fastest flowing river in the UK. The swim starts at high tide during ‘slack water’ from a pontoon constructed upstream from the transition area. The sight of Arundel Castle leads swimmers round the final bend before heading up the swim ramp and into the grass transition area.
A picturesque one lap rolling bike course with one significant climb. Features include:
- South Downs National Park
- Safe, wide & fast A & B Class roads
- Good visibility
- Breath-taking views.
- Picturesque villages of Storrington, Amberley & Houghton
- Tough climb up Houghton Hill
- Fast descent back into town
The run is arguably one of the most scenic & tough in the UK. Features include:
- Two lap (Standard) or One Lap (Sprint)
- Avenue of Trees (Mill Road)
- Castle Moat
- Swanbourne Lake
- Pass historic monuments such as Arundel Cathedral
- Climb to the Hiorne Tower
- Run past the Medieval Castle & Portcullis
- Fast descent on closed road section of High Street & Square
- The finish & trade village are under the shadow of Arundel Castle on the river bank.
In 2018 and 2017 the event hosted the ETU and ITU qualifying events
“That was the most enjoyable race ever despite losing 15 minutes to a flat tyre, and 2 minutes to find where to rack my bike in T2. Beautiful scenery and a lovely river swim. 10 out of 10”
“The race is so quintessentially British that I hope it continues to attract BTF recognition as a place for National, British, and especially ETU/ITU races.”
“Thanks. It was a great venue, great race and excellent marshalling. I recently did the Leeds Castle Tri and have to say all round from organisation etc it’s not a patch on your race. This is one I will definitely look at doing again – and I live in North Wilts so quite a hike for me but well worth it. Cheers.”
“I travelled all the way from Northumberland for this event and was not disappointed!
Brilliant course and organisation and a great day out. Thanks to all the friendly marshals”
“Thanks for another great race. Well organised, marshalled by knowledgeable athletes, safe and friendly.”
“I got bored before the event with people telling me how beautiful Arundel is but now, I know why everyone says so. It is, and it was an absolutely spectacular location for a race on an early (and thankfully dry) July morning.”
TE/BT Affiliated: Standard £75 / Sprint £80
Non-affiliated: Standard £60 / Sprint £65
Relay Teams: £75 per team
Start times: 6:00am
Download PDF (To be confirmed soon)
Race packs can be collected at the Race HQ marquee on Saturday 4pm to 6pm and Sunday 5am to 5:40am.
- Eleven Sportswear Angmering Bluebell Trail Run/s | Sunday 26th April 2020
- Lezyne Steyning Triathlon | Sunday 3rd May 2020
- Lezyne Arundel Lido Triathlon | Sunday 17th May 2020
- L Guess Jewellers River Arun 3.8km Swim | Saturday 15th June 2019
- Lezyne Worthing Triathlon | Sunday 30th June 2019
- Image gallery