Arundel Triathlon (River Swim)| 2019 date to be confirmed.
ONLINE ENTRY WILL OPEN EARLY OCTOBER 2018
Now in its 6th year, the event has received rave reviews over the years so why not make the trip to this iconic market town set in the South Downs National Park for a great racing experience.
The River Arun flows through the town for a fast swim, followed by a one lap cycle over the South Downs before descending into the historic town of Arundel. A stunning two lap run past Swanbourne Lake and through a closed road circuit in the town sees you finish back in the shadow of the medieval castle. This is an ideal location for a weekend away and the town has many attractions. The south coast is a 10min drive away.
If you’ve not been to Arundel in West Sussex then it’s a great place to visit for the whole family and if you like a classic triathlon, this will soon be your yearly destination!
- Iconic location – Arundel is a stunning medieval market town with impressive castle within the boundaries of the South Downs National Park, rivalled only perhaps by Windsor in terms of its historic appeal.
- Tourist town – Make a weekend of it at one of Arundel’s many hotels or B&Bs. If you fancy glamping to make it a special end of season event then head over to Billycan Camp site on the banks of the Arun billycancamping.co.uk
- One way river swim in the second fastest flowing river in the UK
- Challenging and tough event – river swim, undulating bike and tough two-lap run.
- Great value event and Raw Energy Pursuits growing reputation for friendly and well organised races for all abilities.
- Professional and wearable T-shirts made by designers from the Fat Face brand – check out some of our previous designs.
- Free unlimited race day photos, free Clif Bar, free silicone swim cap
- Great transport links – National Rail – Arundel Station is a 10 minute walk from race venue. 90 min Arundel to London Victoria. Road – Race venue adjacent to the A27 and easily accessible to the A24 and A23.
The event will be based in the grass overflow car park in the shadow of Arundel Castle, Mill Road, Arundel, West Sussex, BN18 9PA. The registration marquee and transition will be at this location. Please try and register on Saturday if possible as this will cut down time on Sunday morning bearing in mind the race starts early. The race WILL start on time, so if you intend to register on Sunday please make sure you have registered and have your bike racked and kit all ready for the race.
ATHLETES WISHING TO QUALIFY MUST REGISTER THEIR INTEREST ON THE BRITISH TRIATHLON WEBSITE BY FRIDAY 3RD AUGUST 2018 – DETAILS HERE.
Previous Event Images
Email 1 250718
Prices and start times
|Distance||TE/BTF affiliated **||Non-affiliated||Briefing (mandatory)||Start from|
|An administration fee of £1.50 per entry plus 1.5% will be applied to each entry by our online entry system partner, Results Base.|
|** Please note, if you have registered for the race using a BTF membership number you MUST present your membership card at registration or you will be required to pay a supplement for a Day Licence.|
The event will be based in the grass overflow car park in the shadow of Arundel Castle, Mill Road, Arundel, West Sussex, BN18 9PA. The registration marquee and transition will be at this location.
Please try and register on Saturday if possible as this will cut down time on Sunday morning bearing in mind the race starts early. You will need to show your BTF Licence at registration. If you do not have it you will need to purchase a Day Licence for £5. There are no exceptions.
If you are not a member of the BTF you should have already paid the £5 when you entered. Collect your race pack which will include your race numbers, bike number, helmet number, swim cap and T Shirt and familiarise yourself with the course. The race WILL start on time, so if you intend to register on Sunday, please make sure you have registered and have your bike racked and kit all ready for the race. You need to be present for the race briefing at 5:10am.