Arundel Triathlon – Sunday 16th July 2017 06:00 Start
We are proud to announce the unique Arundel Triathlon will be one of the qualifiers for the 2017 ITU Standard Distance Triathlon. The event is now its 4th year and has received rave reviews, so why not come and enjoy the adventure in this beautiful area. The iconic market town has a Medieval Castle and many other attractions set in the South Downs National Park, for a great racing experience. The River Arun flows through the town for a fast swim, followed by a one lap cycle, before descending into the historic town of Arundel. Stunning two lap run through Swanbourne Lake and a closed road circuit in the town and finish back in the shadow of the castle. Excellent road and rail links London and Gatwick less than 90mins away.
If you’ve not been to Arundel in West Sussex then it’s a great place to visit for the whole family and if you like a classic triathlon, this will soon be your yearly destination!
- Iconic location – Arundel is a stunning medieval market town with impressive castle within the boundaries of the South Downs National Park, rivalled only perhaps by Windsor in terms of its historic appeal.
- Tourist Town – Make a weekend of it at one of Arundel’s many hotels or B & B’s. If you fancy glamping to make it a special end of season event then head over to Billycan Camp site on the banks of the Arun- billycancamping.co.uk.
- One way River Swim in the second fastest flowing river in the UK
- Challenging & tough event – river swim, undulating bike and tough 2 x lap run.
- Great value event and Raw Energy Pursuits growing reputation for friendly and well organised races for all abilities.
- Professional and wearable T Shirts made by designers from the Fat Face brand – check out our T-Shirt Section
- Free unlimited race day photos, Free Clif Bar, Free Silicon Swim Cap
- Great transport Links – National Rail – Arundel Station is a 10 minute walk from race venue. 90 min Arundel to London Victoria. Road – Race venue adjacent to the A27 and easily accessible to the A24 and A23.
Why Arundel? Check out 2014 & 2015 images (Different Start Locations)
The event will be based in the grass overflow car park in the shadow of Arundel Castle, Mill Road, Arundel, West Sussex, BN18 9PA. The registration marquee and transition will be at this location.
Please try and register on Saturday if possible as this will cut down time on Sunday morning bearing in mind the race starts early. You will need to show your BTF Licence at registration. If you do not have it you will need to purchase a Day Licence for £5. There are no exceptions.
If you are not a member of the BTF you should have already paid the £5 when you entered. Collect your race pack which will include your race numbers, bike number, helmet number, swim cap and T Shirt and familiarise yourself with the course. The race WILL start on time, so if you intend to register on Sunday, please make sure you have registered and have your bike racked and kit all ready for the race. You need to be present for the race briefing at 5:10am.